Mirical is a biological pest control chemical produced by Koppert biological systems and can be used to control Greenhouse whitefly, Tobacco whitefly, Two spotted spider mites, Thrips, Eggs of butterflies and tomato leaf miner moth, Aphids and Leaf miner larvae.
How does Mirical work?
Adult predatory bugs and nymphs actively search for their prey and consume them. In case of whitefly eggs, larvae or pupae only the skin is left behind in its original form.
How to apply Mirical
Sprinkle material on clean, dry rock wool slabs, in Diboxes or on leaves. Make sure the material is not disturbed for at least a few hours
2. Introduce in clusters of at least 50 predatory bugs
3. Create 6-10 distribution points per bottle
4. Spread material thinly (maximum 1 cm thick) to enable the predatory bugs to get out of the carrier material
5. Use Entofood to provide a nutrient source in the beginning of the season, when in general pest pressure is low. This enhances development of Macrolophus.
6. After a few weeks Artefeed can also be used.
7. Use the peel-off label to mark where the product has been introduced
Handling and optimal conditions
Optimal temperatures for Mirical are above 20°C, lower temperatures slow down the development of Macrolophus pygmaeus significantly.
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Failure to do so can have a negative impact on their quality. In case you do need to store Mirical, please follow the instructions below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer and/or under different conditions than recommended.
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 8-10°C/47-50°F
- In the dark (bottle horizontally)